Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mel's Day of Self Indulgence

Wooohoooo! I got a new job! Well I got a second job. So I still have my day job, but I’ve added an additional job in the evening as well. So remember when I said the other day that I was no longer going to live my life to make everyone happy? Well today was a day of pampering for me!!


Today started off like any other Saturday morning, I woke up with my 10 year old son Connor crawling under the covers with me to “Snuggle Bunny” as we call it. We wrap up in each others arms and rock back and forth saying “Snuggle Bunny, Snuggle Bunny, Snuggle Bunny.” Then he gave me a big wet kiss and ran out to jump on X-Box 360. His cronies were waiting and that took priority over momma and snuggling in bed. I was lucky I got what I did.



OK, so I crawled out of bed and hopped in the shower and I got ready. You know the drill, primp the hair, do the make up. I had to make myself "pretty."


I ran up to the Outlet Mall where I’d interviewed the night before at a popular clothing boutique. I was told to stop in and say hello to the Regional Manager. Which is what I did, and low and behold I had an on the spot interview that I wasn’t expecting. Then she asked me if I would do a “Working Interview” which is basically greet the customers and help them with whatever they need for about 15 minutes and see how I do. I nailed it!

She took my references and said that she would have me on the schedule by the first of next week! YEAH! Now you might ask why I got a second job. I am trying to save some extra money since I do have a son that is going off to college in 16 months. And with the current state of the economy; you never know when you might need something else to fall back on.


Now, comes the pampering part!! I decided to treat Connor and me to a lunch at Pei Wei. It was so good. =) I had the Chicken Pad Thai. It had just the right amount of spice. When my lunch date was completed, I went for a Manicure and Spa Pedicure.

Now if you’ve ever had your nails filled, it’s a pain to have the pedicure and nails done at the same time. I had all the time in the world today, so I had my nails done first and then my tootsies enjoyed the luxury of a LONG HOT SOAK in the floral scented water. Can you say Heaven on Earth!

Then I decided that I’ve been looking a bit pale. Even though I’m Italian, I’m not naturally blessed with the darker complexion. So I popped on over to the Tanning salon next door and got myself a nice nap in the tanning bed for 20 minutes while enjoying the latest downloads on my iPod. I hope the other customers next door didn’t hear me signing. “That’s Amore” has been in my head for several days and I just had to hear my fav, Dean Martin, sing it to me. Although I must say, Ken and Norm come in a close second...although I never heard Jared pipe up and sing a note!!


Here's Dean's version~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS6-b7CONDI


And no day would be complete without making yourself dessert. So Connor and I decided it was “Sundae Night” and on tonight’s menu - mint chocolate chip sundae with Hershey’s Chocolate syrup, Cool Whip, and a cherry on top!

This all about me stuff ROCKS!!!



P.S. Alex had a baseball tournament today which is why he wasn't here to partake of the activities with us. And according to his Dad, he had a heck of a day too...That's my All-Star Athlete. =)




4 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on pampering yourself! You go girl!

Missy said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day, good for you! I think a day of pampering is what I need after spending a weekend swallowing pills, drinking all my meals and sleeping.

As for the sewing lessons, I am basically self taught and wouldn't have any real idea how to teach someone else. I avoid patterns and never measure twice so I probably do everything backwards according to the sewing experts lol.

jEnNy said...

Sounds like a blast! W/Connor, you have raise one sweet loving kid! I need to have me a day now! Enjoy your new job. Can't wait to see the three of you next month.

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

sounds like great day