Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm out of Control

He's got his friends and recently, I was invited into the boys club for a peek at what goes on. Its been rather invigorating to say the least. But I think I might be cramping his style a bit. Usually your girlfriend is the soft girly girl that you want to come home to at night and cuddle up with on the couch. Not some loud mouthed, trash talking, Hockey loving chick who can run with the boys.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a complete girly girl! I get my nails done and pedicure at least once a month. (More if the budget allows!!) I love to dress up. SHOES and handbags are my addiction. At last count, I was up to 130 pairs of shoes. Its a sickness I know. I need to check into shoe rehab.

But when my Redwings or the University of Michigan Football is on - The evil Melissa emerges. I grow horns and my eyes begin to glow an eerie shade of red. I will attack anyone who stands in my way of victory. And God Forbid you say anything bad about my teams; you've just signed your own death warrant!!

This is not the same sweet girl that attends her weekly Sacrament Meetings and Relief Society at church every Sunday. This is not the same sweet girl that loves to sit and talk about Scripture with anyone that will listen. And this is certainly not the same sweet girl that LOVES to feed the LDS Missionaries when they come to knock on the door for lessons or just to visit.

Nope, this is EVIL Mel. Trash Talking, Word Vomit spewing Ugly Mel that will take out your Momma if given that chance!! (j/k btw, I won't literally hurt your mother, but I'll make you feel like I will.)

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I'm a mean competitor when it comes to sports competitions. And if you know me there's two things that you knows for certain:
  1. The Redwings are the greatest Hockey Team of All Time!!
  2. Ohio State Sucks!!

Those are pretty much the rules that I live by. And I'm pretty sure that this is not what my beloved signed up for when he told me I was the sweetest person that he'd ever met. I guess I had Evil Mel under control that day. I wonder if it was baseball season? Either way, Evil Mel needs to be reigned in, because I'm cramping my guy's style a bit.

Maybe I'll go take a bubble bath and watch a documentary on how to make spoons.

Later everyone!

3 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

omg... your half right, Ohio State Sucks.... go PSU !

Mel said...

hahaha, YES THEY DO!! Ohio is the armpit of America!!

Go Blue!

Ken said...

I reject your rules. Bring it on, Evil Mel!!