Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Changes are coming

Have you ever been on the receiving end of teasing? Its not so fun at times. I love dishing it out, but it’s a completely different ball game when I’m on the receiving end! I’m an extremely sensitive person and I have a tendency to take everything literally and to heart.

Its very hard to live in a glass house and not throw stones. We all criticize. We all see things that we would have done differently or would have said better. But how do we control the urge to not act on the natural instinct to fit in and just be one of the guys?

I’ve been trying to do that lately, and its just not working out for me. Its just not who I really am and someone called me on it today. I’m glad that they did because it really opened my eyes to the situation so that I could take a step back and appreciate my actions for what they were.

I always try and live a life that glorifies my Heavenly Father. But recently I have been lacking in certain areas. And I can feel a difference in my soul. I can’t put my finger on just one area, but I know that something is missing.

I am making it my personal goal to grow spiritually and emotionally over the next several weeks and see if things start to come around for me. I’ll update my progress on my blog so you can see how things are advancing.

Until Then….
Melissa

No comments: