Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Its definitely not the same via text as in person!

Trying to watch a Hockey game with your boyfriend via text message is painful to say the least! Especially when you’re hoping the team he’s rooting for dies a slow painful death in the bowels of Hell. The smack talk just doesn’t come across as mean and hateful as you’d like it too.

So last night I turn on the VS. Channel, looking for the Redwings game, and what do I discover? The Pittsburgh Penguins are on!! GAG!!!! OK, I can hang with this, I text Jared immediately, because I know that he’s got to be watching this game. Only to discover, he’s not. Jared doesn’t realize its on VS.

Jared immediately heads to his favorite hangout, Mahoney’s – this place is AWESOME, and begins watching the game. WoooHooo, let the torture begin! Of course I don’t realize that the Tampa Bay Lightning SUCK and I don’t have a Snow Balls chance of even scoring again. But it doesn’t matter. Those of you following my Blog know how I feel about the Pen’s and the Capitals – they are the bane of my existence. So they have to go down!

Now tell me, when you get a “GOAL” over text, does it have the same effect as someone screaming in your ear GOOOAAAALLLL!!!! NOPE. I agree. It just was not the same. And then to make matters worse, my almost 11 year old son, who loves the Redwings – I’m sure because I do – has decided – that he’s a Penguins Fan. Huh? What? Not in my house! So I’ve got this Mutiny going on in my bedroom as I’m trying to yell at the TV and my cell phone about how much the Pen’s suck.

And then the clouds parted and the angels began to sing….My REDWINGS were WINNING!!!!!! Hallelujah. Its about time the Stanley Cup Champions showed up; after that pitiful showing Saturday night in Nashville. But then I saw Hossa got seriously hurt, even though I hate him, I feel I’ve jinxed him, so no more Hossa bad talk.

Anyway, I really miss watching Hockey with Jared side by side. Last year during the Stanley Cup was when our relationship began. It kind of just happened over Hockey and a couple of Shiner Bock beers. So it has a special place in my heart. This texting crap is no fun! Although its better than nothing, its still not the same.

I can’t wait until we can sit and watch a game together again and I can tell him how bad his Pen’s suck and that Crosby needs to go back to the playpen and he can look at me and tell me that Osgood is a Tool and that the nursing home is looking for him. Then I’ll run to the kitchen and get a couple more beers.

P.S. Both the Pen’s and the Redwings won last night. But the Capitals LOST! So, I was happy. =)

2 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

the pens are on fire! This could be our year...

Mel said...

Whatever. Last year could have been your year too, but the Wings stole their thunder. =)