Monday, February 23, 2009

Yearning to go back...

I am back home in Dallas and already yearning to go back to Seattle and be with Jared. It was a great weekend and it was so good to see him; but it was way to short of a visit. You don't realize how much you love and care about someone until they are physically missing from your life.

But it did reaffirm my commitment to Jared and his daughter's and the fact that Connor and I will be moving to Seattle after Alex graduates from high school next June. Until then, Jared and I will just commute back and forth every few months to see each other. I love the Pacific Northwest and I know that is where I want to raise my family. Alex will be in college and it won't matter. Connor wants to move today, but I've explained that we need to wait until Alex finishes his senior year. I was moved to three different high schools and I remember all to well how bad that sucked!! I won't do that to him. He's been in the same school district since kindergarten.


Oh, I didn't get to ride on the Ferry this weekend. =( We didn't have time. So I'll fit that into the schedule when Connor and I go for a visit in June. I've got a huge list growing for the June visit so I'm going to have to schedule a few extra days. But we did go feed the Canadian Geese on Sunday morning. It was fun. And of course the geese were as loud as I remembered. We grew up on a Lake in Michigan and we had Canadian Geese that would hang out all the time. They're loud, territorial and mean. I had to laugh because there were two geese that were down the river walk a bit and as soon as they saw us throwing bread they started squawking and did it the entire time as they floated down the river towards us. And they were so lazy that they didn't even swim, they just let the current drift them our way. It was funny. And Loud! They were so loud. I was waiting for the hissing to start. Have you ever seen a Goose Hiss? its hysterical. Here's a few pictures of those crazy geese. they were really funny and I had a good time watching them. I know that Syd and Averi had fun feeding them.





So we finally made down to Triple X Hamburger's for lunch in Issaquah, WA. Apparently this place is known for their hamburgers and Original recipe Rootbeer. Well it was ok. I mean, it tasted like Whataburger to me. But being from Texas, we have real BURGERS! The Root beer was good, but I thought it was way too sweet. It kinda made me sick to my stomach. I felt like I'd eaten an entire bag of Halloween candy without the joy of eating the candy! So, for me, I give it a 2 out of 5 stars. Not so great. Oh yeah, they only take cash too!! What's up with that?? Get with the 21st Century people! I mean, you have an ATM in your lobby so people can get cash, but you won't take Debit or Credit cards! So, I take that back, I give it a 1.5 out of 5 for the inconvenience of having to go to the ATM to get cash and then getting smacked with a FEE for taking out cash.

Saturday night was Pizza Party night. This is a family staple in the Robinson household. But instead of Pizza, I made one of Jared's favorites, my homemade Chili Mac. For Valentine's day I made Jared a cookbook and put several recipes of mine in there for him to cook. One of the things that his daughter's and I like to do together is to bake. We're always cooking and baking something new. This time we tried to make chocolate chip cookie Lollipops, but we couldn't locate any Popsicles sticks at the last minute. Bummer! So we just ended up with chocolate cookies. But they were yummy!

Anyway, I know today's blog is boring, but I wanted to tell you about my weekend. It was amazing to me - maybe boring for you. But then again - you don't love Jared like I do! =)

Get ready for Hockey Postings people. The Redwings are playing the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday. My Wings are only 3 points out of FIRST place in the Western Conference. Wooohooo! Keep that cup in Hockey Town Baby!

Blessings All,
Mel

2 comments:

jEnNy said...

I am so glad you had fun. It does suck that he is so far away. Absence makes the heart grow stronger, so they say. We have some devil geese here at Medi Park that want to eat your hand off when you try to feed them.

Mel said...

Haha, those geese were funny!

I do miss him though Jen! It broke my heart to come back. Connor wants to move this summer, but I told him we need to wait. But I know that its all going to happen the way its supposed to. We just need to be patient. I miss you girl! Very much. I can't wait to see you in April. =)