Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kelly Clarkson...ROCKS!

Chores, chores, chores! We all have them! They're a bummer but we have to do them to keep our homes in order. Well last night I wasn't feeling well and I couldn't sleep - again - so I put my ear buds in, from the iPod and cranked on the current single from American Sweetheart Kelly Clarkson, "My Life Would Suck Without You."

So here I am, tunes a-go-go...clothes piled on the bed and I'm folding away. All of the sudden I start nodding my head slowly to the beat of the music. Back and forth, in perfect time with the drums and then a little guitar sneaks in and my shoulders join in the movement. Al the while, I'm folding my son's baseball uniform from the game the night before.

This is all subconscious reaction on my behalf. Kelly's singing along..."Cuz we belong together now, Forever united here somehow, you got a piece of me, And honestly" I've now moved on to some towels.....

The hips are moving back and forth now people! I decide at this point to throw caution to the wind start singing at a low whisper. That lasts all of three words!

I am now at a full yell ~ MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU! Sing it girl.

Now I'm dancing around the room! Forget the laundry....Kelly and I need this....

"Maybe I was stupid for telling you goodbye, Maybe I was wrong for tryin’ to pick a fight, I know that I’ve got issues, But you’re pretty messed up too, Anyway, I found out I’m nothing without you"

Wooohoooo......Oooppps, Interruption, Son walked in.....embarrassing. He's 11 - he joins in.....Back to Kelly........

"My life would suck without you, Being with you is so dysfunctional, I really shouldn’t miss you, but I can’t let go, Oh yeah"

Wow!! That was Fun!

Let's do it again......I'll fold clothes tomorrow.

4 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

lol glad your havin fun !

Itchy said...

I'll overnight my laundry out to you to fold. That way, you can listen to her song over and over as you fold my clothes!!

Mel said...

Obviously, you failed to read the last line....I did not get my own laundry done sweetie. But if you want, I'll do your's when I come out in a couple weeks. I'll just have to bring Kelly with me!! =)

Young Traveler said...

Mel: My life would suck without your blog.